Commis chefs are 'junior' chefs - they are usually trainees getting their start in the industry and will work alongside senior chefs who are responsible for their training and development.
And that's exactly what you'll be doing as a commis chef apprentice!
Under the watchful eye of experienced chefs, you'll learn to prepare food and carry out basic cooking tasks in a wide variety of areas in a professional kitchen.
Commis chefs are in demand absolutely everywhere, from chain restaurants to hotels, cruise ships and even the local pub serving up tasty grub!
What Skills Will I Learn as a Commis Chef Apprentice?
- Prepping food items in line with the organisation's recipes and procedures
- Cooking food ready for consumption by customers
- Clean and maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Completing any relevant food safety management documents
- Checking and reporting on stock levels to senior staff members
- Operating and using specialist kitchen equipment as required
- Learn to prepare a wide variety of high quality dishes
Earning While You're Learning
If you're looking for one good reason to consider doing an apprenticeship, try this one - you'll get paid to learn!
That's right. Here in the UK, apprentices are entitled to an apprenticeship wage while they're on their programme. That means you'll be learning a fantastic range of new skills from experienced people while being compensated for your hard work.
Please check out the live Apprenticeship vacancies below that are currently being advertised with some great organisations we are working with.
If you haven’t used the www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk before you must create an account to apply. Creating an account allows you to:
- apply for an apprenticeship or traineeship
- track your apprenticeship applications
- receive alerts about new apprenticeships