So, thinking about A Levels when you leave school, or maybe thinking A Levels might be a great option for your son or daughter?
If you just answered yes to that question, we'd like to introduce you to our East Durham Sixth Form, also known as ED6!
There are many, many reasons why you should choose us to come and study A Levels, but let's kick off with the biggest, shall we?
Great Pass Rates. Great Grades.
For the past eight years, ED6 students studying 3 A-levels or more have achieved a 99-100% pass rate on their exams.
- We are the region's best-performing sixth form centre, with our students achieving a 99-100% pass rate on their exams for the past 8 years (2016 to 2023, students taking 3 or more A-levels).
- In 2023, a massive 22.4% of our students' grades were A*-A grades, 37.2% were A*-B grades and 57.9 were A*-C grades.
We're really, really proud of our pass rates. Our students work very hard with fantastic support from our amazing ED6 lecturers, and that's why they've been able to do so well with us.
Great University Destinations
The list of universities that ED6 students have recently progressed to is impressive, to say the least. It includes prestigious institutions such as Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Imperial College London and Newcastle.
A Great Sixth Form
That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to studying at ED6. No matter what subjects you choose to study, you'll find exciting, interesting lessons with incredibly passionate tutors who are there to get the very best out of you.
Before we get into a bit more about ED6, why not check out what it's like for yourself with our video below?
Choose Your Subjects!
When you come to sixth form, you can choose a combination of up to four different A Level programmes to study while you're here.
Which ones you pick are entirely up to you, but maybe have a think about where you wanna go after college first!
For example, if you're thinking about going on to a degree in science, taking subjects such as chemistry, physics and biology might be a good idea.
When you first pop in for a chat with us, we'll recommend which subjects might be the best for you.
So, what subjects can you study at ED6? In short...loads!
Here's the current full selection:
- A Level Accounting
- A Level Art & Design, Fine Art
- A Level Art & Design, Graphical Communication
- A Level Art & Design, Photography
- A Level Biology
- A Level Business Studies
- A Level Chemistry
- A Level Computer Science
- A Level Economics
- A Level English Language
- A Level English Literature
- A Level French
- A Level Further Maths
- A Level Geography
- A Level History
- A Level Law
- A Level Maths
- A Level Media Studies
- A Level Physical Education
- A Level Physics
- A Level Politics
- A Level Psychology
- A Level Sociology
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate/Diploma in Computing with Games Development (equivalent to one A Level)
- Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Mathematics in Context (equivalent to one AS Level)
- WJEC Level 3 Applied Certificate/Diploma in Criminology (equivalent to one A Level)
- WJEC Level 3 Applied Certificate/Diploma in Psychology (equivalent to one A Level)
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Applied Science (equivalent to three A Levels)
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Applied Human Biology
The Perks of Studying at ED6
Now that you've learned everything there is to know about our subjects here at ED6, it's time to talk extra perks!
Here's what you need to know:
- Travel to College for FREE with Arriva - that's right, completely FREE! We're teamed up with Arriva, allowing you to travel to and from college for FREE on ANY Arriva bus from Monday-Friday. We also offer our own 'ED' Arriva services which cover a large part of the North East too!
- ED6 Common Room - kick back and relax in between lessons with access to your very own common room, exclusively available for the use of ED6 students only!
- FREE Gym Access - if you love to keep fit, do it for FREE with EDC's very own gym, Impact Health and Fitness. There's a one-off charge of £5 for an induction, then after that you can use the gym whenever you want, completely FREE of charge. We're nice like that.
- Fancy a Cuppa? Starbucks is Here! - downstairs at our Peterlee campus you'll find our very own coffee hatch serving up all of your favourites from Starbucks. Strawberry and cream iced frappé in between Biology and Maths? Yes please!