Childcare Grant

Find out about the extra student finance you can get if you’re a full-time HE student with children.


You may be eligible for help with your childcare costs if you:

  • are a full-time higher education student
  • have children under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs

The grant:

  • does not have to be paid back
  • is paid on top of your other student finance

How to Apply for a Childcare Grant

For more details and how to apply, please visit: Childcare Grant: Overview - GOV.UK (

If you need further support, please contact our Student Services team on 0191 518 8222 or use our website's LiveChat facility for more help.

Any questions?

Please use the enquiry form below or call Student Services on 0191 518 8222 to discuss your options.

General Enquiry

Personal details
Talk to us